What I write:
- Online & Print Content (blog posts, packaging, social media posts, press releases, newsletters, mailers)
- Long-form writing, both non-fiction and fiction (essays, manuals, etc.)
- Travel Writing
- Reviews (books, products, etc.)
- Author Interviews
- Reader reviews (working through authors manuscripts)
- MIS in Information Sciences (Publishing) from the University of Pretoria.
- BA Hons Publishing Studies from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- BA Hons Creative Writing from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- BA Journalism from the University of Johannesburg.
- I worked night-staff at Exclusive Books, and for five years at Pan Macmillan South Africa where I worked through the never-ending slush pile which led me to Jonathan Ball Publishers as a sales representative for the list Little, Brown Book Group, Octopus Publishing Group and Orion Book Group. This is where I was promoted to Deputy Sales Manager overseeing the Hachette Book Group for the South African market. I was then given the opportunity to head up the Independent Publishers division along with the Local Publishing division. I have in between done stints of covers in Publicity – the most recent in 2020, where my love for reviewing was reignited.
- All the while I ran two blogs It’s a Book Thing, and Run, Fat Bitch, while writing weekly articles for The Daily Planet; and reviewing for the Sunday Times book column; I have short fiction and non-fiction published on The Kalahari Review.
If you are looking for a freelance writer and/or reader you can email me, or fill in the contact form below.